We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I have officially turned 25. That’s a quarter of a century. Cue quarter-life crisis mode. Through these 25 years, I have succeeded, failed, learned, started, finished, and restarted many life moments. While I may just be winging it like everyone else, I have picked up a few life lessons and advice along the way. Here are my 25 Years of Advice.
25 Years of Advice
- Listen to your body. It will tell you when it needs rest.
- Find a hobby that makes you happy during college. Because once you are done with all that homework you are going to have a lot of time on your hands when you graduate.
- It’s okay to be picky and change your mind about careers.
- Limit your social media time. Your mental health will thank you.
- It’s okay if you don’t like to drink. Don’t give in to peer pressure just because all your friends do it.
- Establish a routine. Whether it be morning, night, daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Stick to one caffeinated beverage a day and no caffeine after 3 pm.
- Stand up for yourself even if it causes friction.
- Saving is better than spending.
- Get a calendar or planner system. No one can remember everything, especially as you get older.
- Move your body!
- Don’t let people get to you no matter who they are. If you are a people pleaser like me this one can be really hard. But you got this.
- Read and Learn the Bible every day.
- Sometimes just let the kids get their way it won’t be that big of a blow-up if you do.
- Reading instead of binging Netflix is way better for your mental health.
- Take time for yourself. Getting to know yourself more and more.
- Don’t make decisions when you are angry or ecstatic.
- Learn something new every day.
- Don’t take anything personally.
- No one knows what they’re doing.
- Inner peace > external achievement.
- Build a personal brand.
- Don’t live someone else’s life.
- You are the 5 people you surround yourself with.
- Most importantly be your most unapologetic self.
Now not everyone is perfect. We all need a little help along the way. I hope this 25 Years of Advice helped you in any way. Take what you need and leave with progress. Laters, babes!