We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
New Year’s resolutions, everyone makes at least one each new year. Some may want to bust a bad habit, some might want to chase a dream, and others may be easier than others. One thing all New Years’ resolutions have in common, they mean something to the one wanting to make the change. Just like everyone else, I have New Years’ Resolutions and they each have their own meaning as to why I want to achieve them. In today’s post, I’ll be giving you a look inside at what each of my New Year Resolutions means. I will also include a few habits and steps on how I’m going to achieve each in 2023.
- Establish Better Sleep
I have had a problem sleeping for almost four years now. Struggling to calm myself down to relax and then have a hard time staying asleep during the night. I had to look to melatonin to change this but I want to not rely on the drug anymore.
- Putting phone further away from the bed when charging overnight
- Create a whine-down box
- Be in bed by 9 pm
- No caffeine after 4:30 pm
- Limit Phone Use
Like everyone else that has a smartphone, I rely on it way too often. I’m always told I’m glued to my phone screen and I reach for it during awkward silent moments. I’m going to change that in 2023. I will be limiting my use of my phone and then in turn it will reduce my exposure to blue light.
- Using app limits settings
- 3 hours for social media and game apps
- Reach for a book or other items instead of my phone
- Set/Plan Monthly Dates for Myself
I saw this on Tiktok and knew I wanted to give it a try this year. Essentially you plan different days out of each month in advance. These are 5 wellness days, 4 solo dates, 3 outdoor dates, 2 no phone days, and 1 date with God.
- Complete the 40 Holy Glow Up Challenge
Another challenge found on Tiktok. 2023 is the year I’m going to reestablish my relationship with God and become more involved in the church. A great start to this would be this 40-day challenge. It has the below habits to complete each day:
- Wake up before 7 am
- Bible before phone
- Move your body for 30 minutes each day
- Nourish body like a temple
- Create a meal plan
- No fast food stops
- Journal prayers and thoughts
- Daily walks with Jesus
- Spend time in your church community
- Drink More Water
I’m that weird person that can’t stand the taste of regular water. It has to have a flavor for me to drink it continuously. Of course, I have tried to change my taste pallet but that has not worked after multiple attempts.
- Drink 1 or more full Cirkul
- No soda
- Finish a Program & Challenge on FitOn App
My job has an amazing benefit called Power Hour. We can take an hour, twice a week to work out on the clock. It has pushed me to actually work out now. My co-workers love the FitOn app so I thought why not give it a try? Here is to becoming stronger in 2023.
- Invest In My Friendships
Since moving I don’t get to see my closest friends as much as before. I want to make a point to message them more and pick up the phone to call or Facetime.
- Plan a Date Night each Week
This is pretty self-explanatory. More alone time each week this year!
- Read 50 Books this Year
If you did not know already I’m an avid reader. Reading is definitely one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I make it a point to read each and every day.
- 4.167 books a month
- Finish A to Z Book Title Challenge
- Read at least a chapter or two a day
- Fall Back in Love with Dance
Dance has been a part of my life since I was little. It was my happy place but recently it has felt more like a chore and stressful than it was enjoyable. I want to let go of the pressure of success and image this year.
- Shop Small Businesses Only
This year I am limiting my spending at big department stores! I have wanted to do this for such a long time but 2023 is the year I’m sticking to it. There are so many positives to shopping small businesses how could you not?
As I said above 2023 is the year I’m going to reestablish my relationship with God.
- Spend More Time Studying the Bible
- Self Bible Studies
- Listen to the Bible Book Club podcast during commuting
- Join a Connection Group at church
- Strengthen My Relationship with God
- Gratitude Journal
- Focus on the good
- Spend time in prayer and writing prayers down
- Create a worship playlist
- Thank God for 3 things every day
- Create Battle Cards
I want to take control of my finances this year. That includes all the stereotypical goals and habits.
- Create a monthly budget
- Save $150 a month for vacations
- Save $200 a month for the house renovations fund
- Have a no spend month or two
2023 is the year I keep myself accountable for all 12 months of the year. I hope you join me in crushing all the goals this 2023 with smart habits and steps. Let me know some of the meanings behind your New Year Resolutions this year in the comments below babes.
Leave a Reply